Limescale in hotels, industrial plants, buildings, shopping malls, factories
We will share with you experiences related to the appearance of limescale in hotels, restaurants and cafes. These are mostly systems where limescale protection devices are already installed. Regardless of that, there is an increasing number of calls to the Mihajlo Pupin-Piezotehnlogija doo Institute.
It is obvious that the existing solutions cannot fully satisfy the needs of the users.
Our explanation is as follows:
Poor existing limescale protection
Excessive costs of chemical agents for softening or treating water
Excessive dependence of the system on the human factor
That is why every day we come across a question with the following content:
How to remove scale? How to permanently and economically justify the problem that causes scale?
In the “HORECA” industry, scale appears in:
- dishwashers, water heaters and washing machines
- coffee machines
- high flow flows heating systems (up to 300 cubic meters per hour)
- cooling systems (chillers)
- on glass – white stains, ie stains on glasses, plates, other utensils and toilets
- On heat exchangers, scale in central heating, scale in boilers, scale in heaters, etc.
When it comes to calculus, what problems occur?
Different types of problems can occur.
Minor problems such as cleaning the boiler from scale, cleaning the heater. Then, replace the heater and clean the dishwasher. Also, there is the removal of limescale stains from dishes, the problem of limescale on glasses, and the like.
Major problems are breakdowns on machines and plants. Then, cleaning the entire system of scale in the installations. Problems are possible that require additional service of the water pump, cleaning and service of the nozzles, boiler failure. All this requires additional engagement of plumbers and electricians.
How is it possible to remove scale?
Limescale can be removed using a variety of hard water softeners, depurators and electronic descaling devices. Descaling filters, water filtration devices and chemical descaling agents, as well as chemical descaling filters are also commonly used.
Ion exchange resins and reverse osmosis systems are in use. Then water-softening tablets, or water-softening salts. There are also magnetic water filters, that is, magnetic solvents and scale breakers.
The price of a water softener is different. It depends on many factors. In addition to the basic price paid for the purchase of the device, we must undertake to use chemical agents from a certain manufacturer. Then device servicing services. If the seller estimates that the equipment has not been used as intended, we lose the warranty.
Are water softeners expensive?
Another very important item: MONEY! Water softeners cost quite a bit. It is not just about procuring emollients (which is definitely the biggest expense). It is already a question of additional engagement of workers. Their role is to transfer, bring, pour, remove and monitor the devices. All this makes huge costs, which remain the same or increase from month to month. There is no cost reduction.
In addition to regular services and additional engagement of employees, it often happens that the devices fail.
What happens in these situations?
The human factor is extremely important. If the water softening tablets are not placed at the right time or in sufficient quantity, blockage or limescale may occur. This leads to work stoppage. Then to service, additional costs and waste of time, or stopping the production process.
Chemical water softeners do not affect existing limescale. These agents prevent the formation of new deposits of limescale. But the existing scale remains in the system even when it has to create a problem. This leads to another additional cost, which is higher electricity consumption. The devices will consume much more electricity to reach the predicted temperature. It was found that a layer of 3 mm of limescale on the heater increases electricity consumption by about 30%.
Example from recent practice:
Our experts visited one of the famous Belgrade hotels. Of the total number of dishwashers, most used water softeners. There were not enough emollients or tablets in half of the devices. The conclusion is that when using chemicals, the emphasis is on the person. Constant attention and presence is required in order for the process to take place.
Procurement and use of chemical descaling devices involves the following costs:
- Procurement of water softeners
- Constant costs for chemical water softeners
- Regular services that are inevitable
- Extraordinary services due to inadequate and untimely use of chemical agents. They are often much more expensive than regular ones because they are urgent.
- Additional hiring of workers
- The use of chemical preparations harmful to human health
- Constant consumption of electricity
- Replacement of filters and consumables
The question is whether there is a permanent, simple and sustainable protection against limescale?
Engineers of the Mihajlo Pupin-Piezotehnologija doo Institute have constructed an absolutely independent product. It does not require additional attention when working. The only investment is the initial investment to purchase the R MAG device. All other costs no longer exist.
Technique of protection against scale with permanent magnets
It has been used since the 1950s.
The idea for the industrial treatment of ordinary water arose in 1945 in Belgium. The practical application of magnetic water treatment in order to prevent limescale deposits began in 1957, also in Belgium. From then until today, the use of permanent magnets to remove limescale has become a well-known method that has a very wide application.
Among other things, every oil pipeline in the world is supplied with devices that work on the R MAG principle. R MAG permanent magnets prevent scale formation. Decompose existing scale deposits regardless of fluid type (oil, salt water, etc.)
Can R MAG be installed in a system where there is already another water softener?
The R MAG device can be installed in a system in which a water softener has already been installed. However, by setting the R MAG, the water softener is put out of function and loses all meaning.
Therefore, the most favorable solution would be to install R MAG during the construction of the facility. To be foreseen in the project, in order to avoid double costs. Also, the space that is otherwise provided for devices that treat water would be saved.
R MAG is installed as a bypass and requires a minimum area. We place the device horizontally, vertically or obliquely, depending on the possibilities.
Compared to similar anti-scale devices sold in Western European countries, our advantages are:
- Drastically lower price of our device (all components for the device are made by engineers at the Mihajlo Pupin Institute in Belgrade).
- Unlimited warranty: devices ordered from abroad receive a warranty of up to two years. The Mihajlo Pupin-Piezotehnologija doo Institute gives an unlimited guarantee on the functionality and durability of R MAG products.
When R MAG is installed on the water supply to the device or the whole system (factory, building, hotel, etc.) what is obtained?
- There is no use of chemical softeners, their use is reduced to zero. We can immediately shut down softening machines, depurators. So the cost we had on a monthly basis for salt is becoming a thing of the past. The cost stops with the installation of R MAG, from the first day of use, the use of chemical softeners is excluded, which leads to great savings.
- At the same time, the additional engagement of workers in the inspection and maintenance of the system ceases. When we set up the R MAG device, it works completely independently. It does not require maintenance and monitoring. The R MAG device requires washing once a year. It is a job that lasts about two hours and is performed by the manufacturer, ie the Institute. It is a mandatory measure that does not require additional investments, because all parts on the R MAG device are permanent.
R MAG is an absolutely ecological product that does not endanger the environment!
Existing scale deposits in the system are eliminated within 3-6 months. This reduces power consumption and reduces the need for service, especially in large systems where cleaning is more expensive and time consuming.
When we take into account all of the above, we come to the conclusion:
By installing the R MAG device, all the costs that we normally had as the costs of using other water softeners stop. R MAG is currently the best tool for permanent descaling.
The financial calculation is more than clear. There is no method that is more efficient and financially cost-effective than the R MAG device.
What is needed to create an offer for R-MAG?
In order to create an offer for you, our experts need to have an insight into the place where the device would be placed. Then to get water flow data.
Our colleagues will be happy to bring you closer to the operation of the R MAG device.
35 years of experience and satisfied clients have justified us when we say that at this moment we have the best, most efficient and most favorable device for a permanent solution to the problem that causes limescale.
References for R-mag – anti-scale device in water and pipes:
- Thermal power plants. The first one was installed in TPP Vreoci 25 years ago and it is still working, capacity 30m3 / hour.
- Vrnjacka Banja
- Aluminum Plant Podgorica – 200 m3 / hour, 12 years ago.
- Trajal-Kruševac tire factory
- Reahem – alcohol distillery, Srbobran
- Development and production of miniature devices with flows of 1 to 15 liters / hour. For Swiss – ECOVAP, for steam cleaners and dental chairs
- MASTER sports center Zemun, capacity 40m3 / hour, for two heat pumps
- DESING DOO Knjaževac, 7 m3 / hour. The leading producer of fruit preparations in the Republic of Serbia for the industry, etc.